Monday, November 15, 2010

The Noisy Neighbors

I really feel for all of you out there who have a problem with noisy neighbors. I myself have the same problem. I live in a 2 story apt. bldg on the bottom floor. Above me lives a couple living together along with a dog and a cat. Ever since they moved in, there is no such thing as "quietness" Peace & Harmony are a very important thing to me in my home. To me a home is a sacred place (a refuge) It is a place I want to be able to come home to and just relax, read, do my meditation, take a nice bubblebath etc. These two above me were brought up in a barn somewhere. It is just like having tow big elephants up there. When they walk my ceiling seems as if it is going to cave in. They are constantly pacing back and forth and always banging walls, and dropping things on the floor above me. When they come in and out of their amsterdam apartments they slam their door so hard my walls shake. They also both have very loud voices, so I hear everything. Another thing they do that I think is quite tasteless is their barbeques. As they have no balcony, they set their hibachi barbeque on the walkway next to my dining room window and have at it. The smoke and carbon minoxide comes straight through my window into my apartment. It also makes matters worse as I am a vegetarian and dont enjoy the smell of raw meat cooking coming into my apartment. Oh, yes, and they also exercise their dog upstairs every night. I hear them going back and forth up and down the hallway. It sounds just like a herd of animals. I have talked to these people at least 3 or 4 times about their noise. The girlfriend apologizes and says she will ask her boyfriend to try to quiet down too. The noise calms down a little for maybe one or two days, and then it's back to the way it was. I discussed the barbeque issue with the boyfriend. He promised he would move the barbeque over a little so as the smoke would not come in my window. He still puts the barbeque in same place, and I also get to hear their loud voices shouting through the window also. I am at the point to where I am considering looking for a new place. I have been in this apartment for 3 years, they moved in about 8 months ago. I really do not think it is fair I should have to move, but I am tired of feeling angry, and not even being able to enjoy my little "oassis" in the big city. If this is my kharmic debt I hope it is over soon!! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I am glad I am not the only one who is being mentally abused by neighbors. condos

No comments:

Post a Comment