Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Staying At The Marquis

Our Marquis minisuite would be about an hour and a half wait, no problem. But it took the checkin person almost 50 minutes to get my friends 2 rooms set and somewhat close to me>something that supposedly was preset! The checkin person was nice enough, but just didnt seem ontop of her game and kept disappearing and reappearing with no notice. At least while waiting we discovered that my host had given us complimentary entry into the blackjack tournament that weekend. And I made her aware of the prior problem which she verified she had NOT spoken to anyone about and pledged it would be looked into. Feeling a little better we had dinner at America while waiting (love that Four cheese pizza with pepperoni) and settled into the room. I can't say enough how much I love the Marquis Jacuzzi, with its extra size, corner jacuzzi, and excellent view of the strip. Ask for it, they're topnotch!

Thursday night and Friday morning we played lots of blackjack, and didnt have a winning session?! I even went to sleep at normal hours and didnt play overnight like I usually do. None of us could win. Even the ladies were getting killed on slots! Friday we bopped over to MANDALAY BAY and found a terrific property again. Mark and I explored the Shark Reef, worth a visit!! The tables were more generous as we both won and were rated quite well, and we received a comp to their Buffet. I couldn't believe it, I love their Buffet! Such variety. Fresh foods. Smiling service. I know the ladies were having fun on their own, but they missed a great experience. I was so impressed I found out from a host that if I played there later I'd get a comp room and made mental notes as we headed back to NYNY for our pretournament party.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be for us at NYNY this trip. the party was in the upstairs lounge, had loud music, Smirnoff girls, and frankly just wasnt what we hoped for. After thanking Vickie (host) for everything, and learning she would handle the problem (asking if we needed anything else), we left and played more bj. What a slaughter! We may as well have just dumped our wallets on the Online Poker tables! As Mark said,"sometimes the bear gets us!" After seeing how the ladies were doing (having fun seeing other properties/sunning/eating) we went back to Mandalay. Although table luck dried up there too, I got the comp room and checked in.
You must stay at Mandalay Bay! The room I had was on 20th floor with an amazing Strip view. The room was well sized, and the bathroom area quite pleasing: sunken tub, separate shower, separate stall area. Even Mark was impressed, I believe. After we parted for the night, I ordered room service and had another nice surprise. Fast, hot, tasty food and milkshake heaven I played about two more hours downstairs before turning in. Next morning, brought the Mrs. over so she could see the room and place we're likely to stay next trip. She was definitely into it!
The bj tournament at NYNY will be discussed in a separate post, but suffice to say followed the pattern of weirdness. I should've advanced, but didn't...and didn't care?! They gave us nice shirts and held another party that evening, but I just wasn't into it. I appreciate my host's gift, though and had a shot at moving on>wasn't meant to be this trip.

Since we were leaving Saturday night, I took Mark but to MB and we explored. The beach is outstanding (you need a key to get into it!) and something I really look forward to using on future trips. Wherever we played, we were still getting beat, but oddly had come to "accept" it. Our moods were good after almost a week, and we all met up again for a final dinner at NYNY. After that, I had fun relaxing, playing, jacuzzing until checking out around 10:30, where Barb discovered host had given her Friday/Saturday comped...another nice touch to offset the problems! We bid adieu to Barb at airport and took America West redeye back to Bwi. Got in early, waited for luggage for 45 minutes! Back home on Sunday, Alisa and I couldn't believe the adventure, though more costly bj/slot wise than normal, was over and so much fun overall. Can hardly wait for next trip already! poker website

No comments:

Post a Comment